campsite chat

We answer your questions

How long can I stay for?
The prices are based on 6 nights but you can stay away as long as you like. If you are making your own arrangements for some of the nights you are away the minimum number of nights you are required to book is 50% or 14 nights whichever is the lower.

How many people are allowed on a pitch?
Most sites do not allow more than 6 persons on any one pitch, although exceptions are sometimes made for families with 4 or more children of their own.

Do I need a Passport?
All EU citizens require a valid passport. Non EU citizens may require a passport and should check with the embassy of the country or countries they intend to visit.

What’s in the travel pack? When are they sent out?
The travel pack contains maps, guides etc. Visit our travel pack page for full details. The pack is sent out to arrive not less than 3 weeks prior to departure once payment in full has been received.

Do I need an electric cable and converter for electric hook-up?
For electric hook-up you will require a 25m cable and we advise you to take a waterproof 2-pin adapter with you. These are obtainable from most caravan retailers and accessory outlets.

Do I need a Camping Indemnity Card?
A camping indemnity card is proof of third party insurance cover and also serves as an identification document. It is not essential but the campsite will usually accept the carnet as surety in place of your passport.

Do I need insurance?
Travel insurance is recommended on holidays to provide cover against cancellation and medical costs. Travel without full medical cover could result in very high costs even if you have the EHiC reciprocal cover card. The EHiC does not offer 100% cover for all treatment and does not include hospitalisation or air ambulance. There is no obligation to purchase travel insurance from us, however if you wish to do so, please see our travel insurance pages.

When do I have to pay for my holiday? Deposit?
The balance for your holiday is due 10 weeks prior to departure. If you pay by credit card an extra 2% is added. This charge can be avoided by paying by Switch/Maestro. The deposit required is £100 unless booking less than 10 weeks prior to departure in which case the full balance is required.

Will we get a route plan?
Directions with a local map to each campsite booked are included in the Travel Pack. We recommend that you use the AA web site or the Mappy web site for detailed route plans. See useful links pages.

Useful tips
We have put together the following information to help you with some of the rules and regulations upheld on the continent, in order for you to have a trouble free holiday.

Electrical Hook Ups
The mains lead for use on UK sites has a blue three-pin plug and socket. There are many continental sites, particularly in France and Spain, that still use 2-pin plugs. To use the electrical hook-up at 2-pin sites, you will need a short length of lead with a 2-pin plug at one end and a blue socket at the other. All good accessory shops sell continental site hook-up adaptors.

We also recommend that you take a mains polarity tester to determine if you have reversed polarity. If this is the case, electricity will come into your caravan through the neutral wire and could render appliances live and give you a lethal shock. To avoid such problems you should also take a polarity reverser connection, which is a continental adaptor with live and neutral wires reversed at one end. You should be aware that the electricity supply in parts of France and other countries is not always constant and this can effect the efficiency of electrical appliances.

Gas Supply
Many campers, caravanners and motorhome owners use LPG of which there are two types: butane and propane. Each has broadly similar properties but there are a couple of differences which it is worth being aware of. Butane produces heat more efficiently but its one disadvantage is that it cannot change from liquid to gas when the temperature is around freezing. Propane however is efficient down to -40 degrees C. so is better for winter use. Each type of gas needs a different regulator.

When transporting LPG it is important to keep it in an upright position to avoid the risk of leaks from the valve, and tanks must be less than 80% full.

In 2000 we saw the launch of a Pets Passport pilot scheme which allows cats and dogs to be taken abroad without requiring a period of quarantine on their return to UK. Costs of the necessary microchip, vaccinations and a blood test are around £150-£200. 

Most of the cross-channel operators will allow passengers to take their pets on board for a small charge. However, the animals are required to stay locked in the vehicles throughout the voyage.

If you are considering taking your pet on holiday with you, we recommend that you consult the DEFRA web site which gives detailed and regular updates as to the latest developments.

Not all campsites accept dogs and there is usually a charge per night on those that do. You also have to pay for the dog to travel on the ferry.

Passports and Visas
Don’t forget to check that your passport is up to date. You’ll need one for all the countries featured in our brochure.

If you need a new one they’re available from your nearest passport office (£72) and take about a month to arrive. If you need your passport in less than 2 weeks you must make an appointment at your local passport office by phoning the UKPS Adviceline on 0300 222 0000. If you’re a non-EC passport holder you may need a visa and the embassies of the countries concerned can advise you on this.

Everyone now needs their own passport to travel abroad, including children, right from birth. Parents must apply on the child’s behalf for the new passport which will cost £46 and is valid for 5 years. (more information is available at www.ips.gov.uk).

New regulations in Holland now state that everybody from the age of 14 is required to carry their own valid passport at all times.

Foreign Currency
The Euro is now legal tender in all the countries in which we operate holidays, except Switzerland. Pound sterling remains the legal tender in the UK. It’s worth taking some foreign currency with you for when you first arrive, but large amounts of cash are inadvisable. Credit cards are useful for payments at supermarkets, petrol stations and restaurants – remember you’ll need to know your pin number! Switch and Maestro cards are accepted at cash points; there is usually a charge of about £1.50 for withdrawing money.

In case of problems
If you happen to have a problem or a complaint whilst you are on holiday, as a first course of action we advise you to speak to the site reception about it. If you do not feel that they are doing enough to resolve the problem, please phone us during office hours on 00 44 1606 787666. Wherever possible we will always try to resolve a problem immediately so that you are able to continue your holiday without disruption.

Gas Powered Cars
Please note that some cross channel operators refuse to carry gas powered cars. Please phone for details if required.

Health and Requirements
At the time of going to press, there were no specific health requirements for the countries in which we operate. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office produces up-to-date travel information to help British travellers make informed decisions about travelling abroad. For further information please visit their website or telephone 0845 8502829.

Driving regulations on the continent
Rules and regulations vary from country to country, so do pay attention to the road signs, and ensure you know the regulations relating to speed limits, consumption of alcohol, child seats etc before you travel.


Search Availability